Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Updated Character Screens

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been doing a lot of changes to the graphics in the game.  I want everything to look great.  My initial intention with this game was to go "old school."  While there are a lot of "old school" ideas in the game, I see no reason to use pixel graphics or anything silly like that.  Layout is quite important when it comes to finding things and being able to read things easily.

With that in mind, I have redesigned the character screens.  The redesign allows it to use up most of the space while still allowing for some separation of the information.

For reference, let's look at the old screen from a screenshot that's at least a year old:

It works, but it's ugly.
The screen is functional, but that's about it.  Let's see how things have improved over the last year, just so you all know I've actually been doing something...

Easier to read, more information.
 I'm pretty happy with the final version.  I think the layout is a lot better.  Please be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think.  You guys have been awfully quiet out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment