Sunday, February 8, 2015

Comparing Items

Just a quick update today, since I've got a lot going on.  Earlier this morning, I had time to look at how items are compared in a character's inventory.  I want to be able to present an easy layout so that a player can compare armor and weapons to decide if something they've found or bought is better than what they already have.

Here's what I've come up with.  It's just a small panel that is always on that compares whatever the player is looking at (by hovering their mouse over it) to what they already have equipped if it would go in the same slot:


This is a system I already had in place, but I've done some revamping, such as adding some item descriptions, some color coding and some font changes to make it stand out a bit better.  I'll probably use a similar system in the stores so that players don't buy items their characters already have equipped.

That's probably all I'll have time to work on today, but at least it's some forward progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment