Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another Quick Update

Work continues on the game.  I'm working on a lot of different aspects of it all at once, including porting over a lot of the code that I wrote for the original version and modifying it to add more functionality and options.

One thing I worked on was a title screen.  The game has properly changed titles so that it is now called "Lands of Adventure: Symphony of Darkness."  Call me hopeful, but I'd like to think there could be sequels if this one is completed.  Here's the title screen as it stands:

I also considered calling it "Symphony of Destruction," but the band Megadeth has a well-known song by that title.

In addition, I've been working on the GUI of the main screen.  If you read my last entry, you would have seen some screenshots of the 3D environment.  But, these screenshots didn't show the overlay that included the characters and minimap.  At that time, they weren't ready to be seen, but I think enough work has been done on them that I can show them off now.

Here's what the game will look like when the party explores (though, like everything else, it's subject to change):

It's got a Might & Magic vibe to it, I think.

Obviously, I'd love to hear some feedback.  I always like to hear what people think.

1 comment:

  1. It looks good, I always wanted to make a good RPG system and a good RPG game. For now I am still trying with DC and hope for the best :) but I really wish I could do something like this.

    ReplyDelete