Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fonts, Fonts, Fonts

Things have slowed down a bit; because, I have to put a lot of work into studying for my Oracle Java Professional certification.  So, I haven't had as much time the last few weeks to put into the game.  That's not to say that nothing is getting done, though.  I still poke at it and work on new things a couple of hours a week when I'm not doing other things.

Here's a work-in-progress screen with an updated font.  A couple of folks thought that the game needed a more "archaic" looking font.  I'm curious what everyone thinks about this one:

Different from the original.

It needs to be readable.  I'm hoping that it is.  Anyway, I await feedback, as always.

EDIT:
I could also attempt to pursue a font that looks exactly like the one that was used in the later Gold Box games...

Strangely hypnotic.


EDIT:
Actually, the Gold-Box style font is working out quite well.  Here's a revised version of it, looking more like an actual Gold-Box game might have looked:

Gold-Box Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment