Monday, February 9, 2015

More Characters

There isn't a whole lot to talk about today.  The biggest change to the project right now is that I have kicked the number of characters a player can generate from four to six.  I've been told by the RPG community that the best games seem to allow for a party of six.  I'm not certain why that is, but I do know that some of my favorite game definitely did have six characters, so I'm going to go with it.

Six characters...or half a dozen...however you want to look at it.

So, there we have it.  It shouldn't throw off the balance of the game at this point, since I haven't started coding the game.  Unlike the version of the project that existed in 2012, the Unity version mostly only exists as a group of systems that interact with each other.  Haven't started working out all the story or combat details yet.

Speaking of which, I should probably start tackling that combat engine soon.  It's on my "to do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment