Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dungeons

Two posts in a single day.  Don't know if that's ever happened before or not.  I don't expect it will become a habit.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to post a picture.  I'm sure anyone who is reading this blog is getting pretty tired of seeing the same old town in the screenshots, so I thought I'd show a dungeon (it's a work in progress and subject to change, naturally).  Just something I was messing around with and trying to get the "feel" right...

Could be a monster just around the corner...

1 comment:

  1. Still following your progress! Don't worry too much on your time table, you're still doing far better than I am on my CRPG! :-) I've done a rewrite once - changed from .NET to C++ with SFML. (I wanted the game to be more cross platform compatible, and I needed better drawing performance.) I'm dead set with my current approach to the end now. Remember, you can always make a version 2!

    I too have gotten bogged down with trivial things like fonts. Sometimes it's a good distraction, sometimes it's a time suck and demoralizer.

    I mentioned this a while ago, but I STRONGLY recommend you use subversion! Every change you ever make it tracked so you have essentially a backup of your game every step of the way. Also makes it very easy to try something radical, realize it's not working out, and revert it all. There are a bunch of free online subversion sites (Google search "svn host") or it's really easy to set one up on your own computer.

    ReplyDelete