Sunday, July 27, 2014

Corruption...Destruction...and Rebirth

Something terrible happened to the game.  Some kind of weird corruption destroyed a lot of the work I had done, and somehow the backups I'd kept went missing (still not sure what happened there).  When I found out about it, I was completely devastated.

But, I realized that I had another version of the game that I had been working on before my last restart.  The main reason I hadn't stayed with that version was because it didn't scale right to different screen sizes.

I pondered whether or not I could actually work with it and get the scaling to work the way that I had done with the new version.  And the answer was a resounding yes...

The game scaled to a 16:9 resolution screen.

After a few days of work, I have the previous (and I think superior) version of the game going again.  I've made a few changes along the way as well...such as removing the borders from the screen (they really aren't necessary).

I'm excited to be returning to this version, even though there were things I really loved about the new version.  At the very least, the project is still moving forward.  I really thought the corruption was going to be the death of everything.

The screen in the lowest possible resolution (1024x768) and the 4:3 aspect ratio.

This time, I'm keeping a lot of backups just to be sure...

Here's a bonus picture of the party wandering through some hills with the sun peeking in just under the trees...

There's quite a lot you can do with Unity.

I hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment